[vlc-devel] Re: re : MP3 audio demuxer and SYNCHRO_OK re : MP3 audio demuxer and SYNCHRO_OK re : MP3 audio demuxer and SYNCHRO_OK re : MP3 audio demuxer and SYNCHRO_OK

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jun 5 20:37:07 CEST 2003

On Thursday 05 June 2003 19:18, j.zorko at att.net wrote:

> If you're referring to the i_pts member inside p_demux ever getting
initialized, it's accomplished in
> the Activate() function:
>
> memset( p_demux, 0, sizeof( demux_sys_t ) );

Sorry, this is what I was referring to but I didn't see the memset().

The other explanation for the resampling when the audio is first started can
also simply come from the audio output itself. The current audio output has
a limitation which comes from the fact that the very first audio frame
doesn't get scheduled to be played at the right time.
When the audio output plugin is started it begins to play blank audio frames
until the very first audio frame reaches the audio output fifo.
Unfortunately this first frame can only be scheduled to be played when the
last blank frame is finished which will usually add a consequent delay to
the audio and thus trigger resampling.

I partially solved this in the directx audio plugin by scheduling the first
audio frame but the problem should be solved in the audio output core
itself because the same problem arises when you pause/resume a stream.

--
Gildas