[vlc-devel] VLC for IBM's Pallas Chipset based SetTop Box

Simon simon at digiglobal.com
Fri Jun 6 00:06:02 CEST 2003

Hi Development Team,

I would like to use VLC to create outputs for a settop box which uses IBM's
Pallas chipset (Redwood 5).

I am new to VLC and I apologise if you have already answered similar
requests in the past.

Basically I would like to read any DVD and generate separate audio and video
PES data files. The important information I need is to provide PTS for audio
and video streams. This is required so that synchronisation is maintained.
The manipulation of the header is done purely in the IBM hardware, we just
feed the chip the streams and it attempts to decode the data.
I am therefore hoping for some guidance and help on
(a) any pointers to documentations that I should be reading
(b) any help on which routines I should be looking at
Another item, most DVDs generate AC3 audio output but I would like to
transcode to MPEG audio standard (mp2 file format).
My development environment is RH7.3. Once the program works, I only intend
to use the program in command line mode.
Any help and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Simon