[vlc-devel] Re: Updated german translation

Felix Kühne FK at aenneburghardt.de
Mon Jun 16 22:20:39 CEST 2003

Hello again,
I've send my translation to another german Mac OS X-User who is very
familiar with human-interface-guide-lines and has often good ideas for
improving the usability of the translation.
Thus, I've to change something in the translation, so please commit
this file and not the previous.

He (I'm speaking from Norbert Rittel, who some of you already know)
found also two small bugs:
1) The "Playlist" entry in the Window menu toggles the drawer's state
so it should have a check mark next to it when the drawer is visible!
And if you can implement this behavior for the playlist it'll be great
to have the same for the Controller itself as well: Meaning that the
item toggles the visibility of the Controller window (Apple's DVD
Player does it this way).

2) In the English UI of VLC 0.6.0-test3 one item in the Video menu
changes: "Screen" (when inactive) and "Video Device" (when submenu
active). Should be "Display" in both cases as this is the term Apple
uses in the System Preferences.

There is also an idea from me to improve the interface:
The key-caps for faster/slower are currently cmd-[ and cmd-]. This is
no problem with the us-keyboard, but the german users have to press
cmd-option-5 or cmd-option-6. This is not really comfortable and not
easy to find for normal users, because [ and ] are printed on the
keyboard (and sometimes it doesn't even work, because you have to press
option-5 before you press cmd). It would be nicer if we would use
something like cmd-shift-up-arrow for faster and cmd-shift-down-arrow
for slower.

Greetings,
Felix Kühne