[vlc-devel] Re: Network dialog box

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Fri Mar 7 17:40:20 CET 2003

Alexis de Lattre <alexis at via.ecp.fr> - Fri, Mar 07, 2003:

> [] SLP
> [] SAP - SDP

 I invite you to read the RFC on playlists that
 has been posted to this list the 23th of january
 <http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/200301/msg00419.html>.
   We considered SLP, SAP-SDP, etc. not as an _alternative_ but as
 "another dimension". Maybe they should be subject to a new type of
 plugin, but "interface" seems to be enough.

 The "Open" button or buttons should always refer to the normal playlist
 and there should be another playlist to take care of the channels. The
 interfaces lack a "Channels" button where all "discovery" playlists
 would be merged.

--
lool