[vlc-devel] Re: Latest CVS source and Mac OSX

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sun May 11 21:19:18 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, mei 10, 2003, at 08:34 Europe/Amsterdam, John Michael
Zorko wrote:
> Hello, all ...
>
> I'm trying to build the latest VLC source from the CVS repo under Mac
> OSX, and ./configure is telling me that the libmpeg2 in /usr/local/lib
> is too old.  OK, I can live with that, but when I tried fetching a
> newer one (a CVS snapshot that indicated I wouldn't need the latest
> autoconf or stuff like that), I found that I was thrust into autoconf
> hell.  Yuck.
>
> Has anyone else built the latest VLC from CVS under Mac OSX (10.2.6)?
> Though our project is targeting Linux, I find it very convenient to be
> able to code, build and test on my iBook.  I was able to do this with
> the 0.5.3 release, but not from the CVS sources.  Can anyone help?
>
> Regards,

Yes about that. VLC requires a very recent (CVS) version of libmpeg2. I
personally have a CVS tree of libmpeg2 on my machine that i use to
install recent versions in /usr/local/lib (you probably forgot to
bootstrap before trying to build libmpeg2 )
Christophe Massiot maintains the /usr/local/ package referenced on the
build page, and will update this when he has the time  (actually when
he has all the packages himself ).

DJ
---
Videolan - VLC media player