[vlc-devel] Re: Vlc from cvs does not compile

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Nov 12 17:22:43 CET 2003

It's part of ffmpeg.
ffmpeg's package is broken. you will need to copy this header from
their package and copy it into /usr/local/include/libpostproc (for
instance)

you can also compile it and then choose not to install your copy of
ffmpeg, but simply configure vlc with the following options:
--enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-tree=/home/user/pathto/ffmpegdir

DJ

On 12 nov 2003, at 16:09, jørgen nørgaard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after download and installing required libraries and an anonymous
> checkout of vlc I get the following error while make'ing vls:
>
> 	ffmpeg.c:58:44: libpostproc/postprocess.h: No such file or directory
>
> (and more obviously)
>
> Where do I get libpostproc? It seems not to be on the list of required
> packages.
> --
> /jørgen nørgaard
> jnp at smarttv.dk