[vlc-devel] Re: How to set playlist item name and author?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Nov 25 09:27:44 CET 2003

Here is an idea for a fast and clean solution to most of these complaints:
In the cddax Open() function first do cddb stuff, then add a new playlist
item for each track with the newly gathered info. This way ACTIONID_PREV and
ACTIONID_NEXT will work as well, and you can remove all the hotkey handling
code from the cddax plugin.

On a longer run we should fix so that hotkeys.c handles chapters and titles
properly in ACTIONID_PREV and ACTIONID_NEXT. As well as adding wrapper
functions to change elements of the playlist.

Sigmund