[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7492 (hartman)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Apr 26 22:06:28 CEST 2004

On 26 apr 2004, at 06:27, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Subversion daemon writes:
>>    M /trunk/modules/codec/ogt/cvd.c
>>
>> * when you use object_find you need to do a object_release as well
>
> Thanks for fixing.
>
> But I'm a bit confused. This "if":
>
>   if( var_Get( p_input, "spu-channel", &val ) ) return NULL;
>
> became unconditional:

correct. i was under the impression that it was redundant.

>   var_Get( p_input, "spu-channel", &val );
>   vlc_object_release( p_input );
>
> which is a little bit different, no? If somehow the spu-channel
> variable hasn't been set (or var_Get somehow fails), the intent is to
> have this routine exit.

does it really need to depend on this variable though? wouldn't it be
better if there was a default value as well? Can't it just default to 0
and fail if 0 isn't present?

> I see also ogt.c needs the same treatment and I'd have fixed, except
> it is probably better to get this cleared up first.

BTW. i see you have a lot of if() return NULL
if()
{
     msg_Dbg/msg_Warn/msg_Err
     return NULL;
}

might be a lot clearer in many cases.

Also i found a mpg with cvd subs. i'm not really sure if it is working
as expected. As far as i can tell, i only see the subs in the mpeg, not
cvd. if it are cvd subs i'm seeing, then disabling them (unselecting
the track) doesn't work.

http://www.videolan.org/pub/streams/CVDsubs.mpg  (of the top of my head)

DJ

---