[vlc-devel] Re: PTZ control module for VLC

Daniel M. Lambea dmlambea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:55:26 CEST 2004

> I'm interested in this, so feel free to mail me the patch if it's less
> than 5 MB overall. Otherwise some mailer will delete it.

  Sure. It's quite small. :-)

> and connected the speakers mike via a professional mixer to the camera. This worked
> very good. However I haven't found a good microphone to use to tape talks in a
> discussion around a table. Most video conferencing systems seem to have such devices,
> but they don't provide stereo outputs but digital signals I was not able to feed into
> the camera.

  I need the camera to stream a Town Hall's public session over that
Town Hall's intranet. They have a very good sound equipment, and I got
a stereo audio cable directly to the computer. Originally, they had a
BNC-connected videocam, but once they switched to a network camera it
came the audio/video problem. Looks like that model, Axis 230 MPEG-2,
makes the job with the audio. So I think if I plugged the audio cable
into the external audio interface, I'd get the complete audio/video
stream over HTTP directly to the VLC player, am I right?

  If that worked, I would need no more than the ptz control, and the
software I currently use... :-)

  Regards,
    Daniel M. Lambea