[vlc-devel] Re: Audio only MPEG-2 TS not playing

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Dec 23 00:48:51 CET 2004

At 16:21 +0000 22/12/04, Dermot McGahon wrote:

>Attempting to play audio only MPEG2-TS streams. They originate from an Astra
>satellite, through DVB-S cards and then streamed on as multicast UDP by a TV
>streaming box.
>
>Some channels streamed are TV (video and audio) and some are radio. The TV
>channels are playing both video and audio but for the audio only streams the
>TS demuxer finds an MPGA elementary stream, chooses the mpeg_audio decoder
>and then nothing ...

>Attachment converted: Mareva:radio_not_playing.txt (TEXT/ttxt) (004C8AF2)

For this one, there is no packet on PID 2340. Probably the demux
filter wasn't set properly.

>Attachment converted: Mareva:radio_not_playing1.txt (TEXT/ttxt) (004C8AF3)

The mpeg_audio decoder receives packets but can't find a frame start.
Maybe the unit_start_indicator isn't set properly, or there is no
MPEG frame in there.

Note that the stream type of both streams is 0x3 (MPEG1 audio),
whereas in the cases of satellite radios I know, the stream type used
is 0x4 (MPEG2 audio).

--
Christophe Massiot.