[vlc-devel] Re: compiling for qte

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Nov 2 20:49:39 CET 2004

Hi,

You have not stated which VLC version and under which conditions you are
trying to build VLC. I guess you are cross-compiling, are you?

Cucaratxa wrote:

>Hi I'm trying to compile vlc for qte and the message
>isued by configure is:
>
>checking qt.h usability... no
>checking qt.h presence... yes
>configure: WARNING: qt.h: present but cannot be
>compiled
>configure: WARNING: qt.h:     check for missing
>prerequisite headers?
>configure: WARNING: qt.h: see the Autoconf
>documentation
>configure: WARNING: qt.h:     section "Present But
>Cannot Be Compiled"
>configure: WARNING: qt.h: proceeding with the
>preprocessor's result
>configure: WARNING: qt.h: in the future, the compiler
>will take precedence
>configure: WARNING:     ##
>------------------------------ ##
>configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc
>lists.  ##
>configure: WARNING:     ##
>------------------------------ ##
>checking for qt.h... yes
>checking jpeglib.h usability... no
>checking jpeglib.h presence... no
>checking for jpeglib.h... no
>configure: error: echo "Cannot find QT Embedded
>development headers."

You need to compile Qt Embedded with jpeglib I think you did not. Or you
have not included the headerfiles in the include path. Anyway the
configure script did not find a build environment suited for building
VLC against Qt Embedded.

Look at the buildscript "ipkg/rules.opie" in the VLC source code tree
and read vlc/doc/arm-crosscompile-howto.sgml

>I compiles qte and opie myself so there should be no
>problem, I think.

Do not assume you have never made a mistake ;-)

>I have also the following problem:
>Im using a development platform with a display 800x600
>and when try to play video with vlc the image was like
>overlaping like if vlc thinks my display is 360x240. I
>was reading SDL module for qtopia and changed lines
>that had to do with display size. Compiled libSDL and
>tried using a precompiled vlc with this new
>compilation but the problem remains. I've been reading
>vlc module for qte but still dont know if I should
>change somthing there.

The qte module for VLC has not been touched for a long time and is
probably not in a good shape at the moment. It needs an active
maintainer to further develop it and finish the Qt Embedded port of VLC.

--

Many greetings,
     Jean-Paul Saman

           VLC iPAQ maintainer (http://www.videolan.org)
          RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE: 807202745005548)