[vlc-devel] Re: compiling for qte

Cucaratxa cucaratxa at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 3 00:11:17 CET 2004

Yes, sorry, you are right I'm  xcompiling and I'm
using  vlc 0.7.1.
Besides I'm working on a project for developing an
embedded multimedia portable device so I'm interested
in making qte module work right though I'm not a good
programer I'll send any changes I make for qte module
to work in this platform wich is using an arm
processor an a 800x600 display. By the way could you
point any file a shoulf start to solve the prolem I
stated in my previous e-mail? Thank you.
--- Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You have not stated which VLC version and under
> which conditions you are
> trying to build VLC. I guess you are
> cross-compiling, are you?
>
> Cucaratxa wrote:
>
> >Hi I'm trying to compile vlc for qte and the
> message
> >isued by configure is:
> >
> >checking qt.h usability... no
> >checking qt.h presence... yes
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h: present but cannot be
> >compiled
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h:     check for missing
> >prerequisite headers?
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h: see the Autoconf
> >documentation
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h:     section "Present But
> >Cannot Be Compiled"
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h: proceeding with the
> >preprocessor's result
> >configure: WARNING: qt.h: in the future, the
> compiler
> >will take precedence
> >configure: WARNING:     ##
> >------------------------------ ##
> >configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc
> >lists.  ##
> >configure: WARNING:     ##
> >------------------------------ ##
> >checking for qt.h... yes
> >checking jpeglib.h usability... no
> >checking jpeglib.h presence... no
> >checking for jpeglib.h... no
> >configure: error: echo "Cannot find QT Embedded
> >development headers."
> >

> You need to compile Qt Embedded with jpeglib I think
> you did not. Or you
> have not included the headerfiles in the include
> path. Anyway the
> configure script did not find a build environment
> suited for building
> VLC against Qt Embedded.
>
> Look at the buildscript "ipkg/rules.opie" in the VLC
> source code tree
> and read vlc/doc/arm-crosscompile-howto.sgml
>
> >I compiles qte and opie myself so there should be
> no
> >problem, I think.
> >

> Do not assume you have never made a mistake ;-)
>
> >I have also the following problem:
> >Im using a development platform with a display
> 800x600
> >and when try to play video with vlc the image was
> like
> >overlaping like if vlc thinks my display is
> 360x240. I
> >was reading SDL module for qtopia and changed lines
> >that had to do with display size. Compiled libSDL
> and
> >tried using a precompiled vlc with this new
> >compilation but the problem remains. I've been
> reading
> >vlc module for qte but still dont know if I should
> >change somthing there.
> >

> The qte module for VLC has not been touched for a
> long time and is
> probably not in a good shape at the moment. It needs
> an active
> maintainer to further develop it and finish the Qt
> Embedded port of VLC.

> [...]

name=signature.asc

=====
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the sholder of Orion. I watched sea beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die"
Roy, Blade Runner