[vlc-devel] Re: compiling for qte

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Wed Nov 3 08:26:23 CET 2004

The files you want to look at are:

modules/gui/opie/opie.ui                      --> The none existing GUI
for Opie/Qt Embedded
modules/video_output/qte/qte.{cpp,h} --> The bare bones (directly to
framebuffer) video output
modules/misc/qte_main.cpp                 --> The GUI helper module
needed to support both a video_output and GUI plugin. Qt Embedded only
has to be initialized ones.

Hopefully these files will give you enough of a starting point to look
at the code. Feel free to ask questions I'll try to answer them.

Qt Embedded in vlc-0.7.1 should work alright independent of screen size.
Are you trying to write to a windows instead of to the framebuffer
directly? The Qt Embedded video output is written for direct use with
the framebuffer.

--

Many greetings,
     Jean-Paul Saman

           VLC iPAQ maintainer (http://www.videolan.org)
          RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE: 807202745005548)