[vlc-devel] Re: Initial rtci interface

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Nov 15 21:20:43 CET 2004

> 1) which libraries are currently used for the vlc corba module? what do they
> depend on?
According to the orbit2-dev package:
pkg-config, libc6, libglib2.0-0, libidl0, libpopt0
Apart from libidl, I think that all exist compiled for Win32. I do not
have a win32 computer at hand, and do not really fancy bothering with
Windows, but if somebody is interested in trying to compile this, I will
be very happy to provide support.

> 2) CORBA is an open standard, right? are there other libraries implementing
> support for it (more portable ones perhaps?)?
Yes, there is especially omniorb and mico. The first runs without
problems on windows, but is written in C++. The support of another ORB
is only a matter of correctly initializing it, because I have isolated
all the vlc-specific parts in a CORBA-agnostic library (which is also
used by the python module).

Olivier