[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12294 (courmisch)

Remi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Mon Aug 22 08:21:32 CEST 2005

Now, Zorglub is going to reproach again for loosing my temper, but I've
had enough with your attitude.

On Dim 21 août 2005 23:03, Sam Hocevar a écrit :
>    - you removed many uses of $(top_builddir) which were there to
>      clarify that the argument is in the build directory.

So you pretend you were paying attention to the top_buildir != top_srcdir
case inspite of the many fixes xtophe and I add to commit in the past few
months ?

Now, maybe it did work after you made the switch to the autotools, but it
was obviously not maintained, and non-working for at least the past 18
months, until I, then xtophe, commited a bunch of fixes (with some
debugging from gibalou).

Also, then why aren't there builddir before ALL targets except the few
that are in srcdir ? Anyone who has been playing with the Makefile files
are built in builddir - that doesn't actually make it any more clear. And
you DO know too. Actually you're surely the one who knows the build system
best for you created it.

And finally, if you are not happy that other people are now doing
build-system maintenance, while it has been your stuff for ages, that is
your own problem to deal with. It's not our fault if you do not have so
much time to dedicate to VLC than you had in the past.
Bullying youngsters like me might be OK (though not from a moral
standpoint in any case) if there actually were a lots of people involved
at the moment. Alas, with Laurent, Gildas and yourself seemingly much less
dedicated than you all used to be, VideoLAN is severely short of people.

--
Remi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/