[vlc-devel] Re: dc1394 access module

Andrea Guzzo xant at xant.net
Fri Jan 14 00:09:09 CET 2005

Il giorno 13/gen/05, alle 20:28, Sigmund Augdal ha scritto:

> 1) It seem to do chroma conversion inside the module. It should just
> set the
> fourcc for the actual chroma used and let vlc select the conversion on
> demand. If these conversions are not available then they should be
> implemented as such. Not sure if this is what is talked about in this
> comment on the web page: "(the original code made some transformation
> that
> inside vlc are useless ... i'll document this aspect deeper if
> requested)."

yes, that's it .... i'll work on that asap ...  :))

> 2) It uses the variable v4l-caching incorrectly. It should define it's
> own
> option and use that.

ok

well, i'll look at v4l.c and update mrl parsing :)

> Otherwise I'd say "nice work!"

thanks!! :) , i'm very happy about it ... i really like vlc and i
wanted to use it in my project.
The vlc plugin API is clear and easy to use , so it was very simple to
write the module (thanks to libdc1394 interface)
and the result is quite useful.

I'll notify this list when code will be updated including changes
exposed in this mail,
let me know if you find any problem using the plugin.

bye ;)
Andrea.