[vlc-devel] Re: dc1394 access module

Andrea Guzzo xant at xant.net
Sat Jan 15 00:04:24 CET 2005

Hi again,

code has been updated. No more chrome conversion is made inside the
module,  MRL parsing has been updated and
v4l variable is not referenced anymore.

I have just a problem with 160x120 video size (I have temporarily
disabled it  and a warning message is printed out when requested).
libdc1394 can use only uyv444 mode for that resolution (bigger ones can
use uyvy422 that is perfectly supported in vlc) and it seems that
vlc doesn't know how to handle that format. I made a little research
inside source code to understand how vlc handles fourcc and where to
add the code for uyv444 support but i still haven't understood how the
subsystem works.
Can you confirm me that vlc lacks this support and if it is true, can
you tell me what i have to know to include the new code?

I'm new in video tool development , so i will probably make stupid
questions and use inappropriate terms , but i'm really interested to
make a good work
releasing this little module .... and it's always funny to approach new
subjects :P

The webpage has also been updated to link new files (source and patch)
.... from now on i will start to track each new change.

bye
Andrea.