[vlc-devel] Re: Proposed changes for SAP module

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jun 28 20:39:12 CEST 2005

>   Obviously, XX over RAW UDP still needs to be handled in vlc because
>of some bugs in live.com library...

What 'bugs' are these?  Please explain, and I'll see if they can be fixed.

At 10:52 AM 6/28/05, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
>I'm against this change. Rather the VLC code should be improved to do
>UDP/RTP packet reordering as well.

I'm confused.  The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" library automatically handles
(reorders) any out-of-order incoming RTP packets.  Nothing needs to be
added to VLC to do this; it already works.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>