[vlc-devel] Re: Proposed changes for SAP module

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Tue Jun 28 21:43:55 CEST 2005

Hi all,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:39:12AM -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> >  Obviously, XX over RAW UDP still needs to be handled in vlc because
> >of some bugs in live.com library...
>
> What 'bugs' are these?  Please explain, and I'll see if they can be fixed.

Ross, these are what I've mentioned on live-devel list, i.e.

- when the UDP RAW stream is not synced on TS boundaries but contains
arbitrary number of bytes in a packet (e.g. 1472) - Vbrick etc,
the live.com library does not accept such stream, VLC input works here

- when the SDP incorrectly states TS over UDP/RAW but in fact it's a TS
over RTP, the library starts to eat 100% CPU a hangs the application
(as I said I don't expect it to work, but also not being a runaway process).
VLC input autoselects between RTP/RAW

> At 10:52 AM 6/28/05, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> >I'm against this change. Rather the VLC code should be improved to do
> >UDP/RTP packet reordering as well.

This is of course up to you as developers, whether you prefer to do RTP
stack inhouse or use live.com library... Anyway, what I'm proposing is
a very simple change which could help a lot - at least temporarily,
until you'll develop your own RTP stack if that's the intention.

	M.

----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----
----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 524 51 301   ----
----   Computer Centre, Nam. Slobody 17      Fax: +421 2 524 94 351   ----