[vlc-devel] Re: Problem while compiling VLC with QTE

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Nov 3 16:11:21 CET 2005

j y wrote:
> hi,
>      I found the first problem while configuring VLC, the newest QT uses C++ instead of C, but the configuration shell still using C for checking QT environment, if I use CC=g++ and configure, it passes, but errors happened after issuing make command, since most of the file use C not C++. how to solve this problem? thank you.
You should fix the configure.ac script to use the c++ autoconf check
instead of the c ones. VLC is built with the C-compiler and some plugins
are built with C++ compiler.

The configure.ac script use the syntax for th autoconfigure tool from
the autotools package. See the manuals at www.gnu.org for autoconf.

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.