[vlc-devel] Re: DV Hangs, Audio continues

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 18 10:26:50 CEST 2005

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> ffmpeg debug: ffmpeg codec (DV Video) started
>
> This is the problem. I've worked a bit with DV in ffmpeg and support is
> not so great. You'd better use the DV plugin based on libdv in VLC.
I found the performance for ffmpeg was better in gstreamer and mplayer.
What is the way for VLC to prefer libdv over ffmpeg?

> avi warning: cannot skip packet, track disabled
> ffmpeg debug: ffmpeg codec (DV Video) stopped
>
> Now that should be where the real problem is located, but I don't know
> exactly what it is...
thedj (on IRC) adviced me to reindex the avi files. The third avi file
is after reindexing seriously out of sync. But the program did not stop
anymore. Though these AVI's are produced with Premiere and (I presume)
shouldn't be broken.

Stefan