[vlc-devel] Re: Parser bug for Linux with vlc-snapshot-20060213.tar.gz

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Mon Feb 13 14:00:21 CET 2006

Le lundi 13 février 2006 à 13:23 +0100, frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr a
écrit :
> I am not sure if I am the first to notice but there seems to be a parser
> bug (at least in Linux) in vlc-snapshot-20060213.tar.gz which is not
> present in the previous snapshot versions. When I simply try from a
> shell:
>
> vlc file.mpg

Confirmed here when trying to open a file from a the current directory,
on a system with a latin9 encoding (it works with an UTF8 locale). It
seems the 0 that ends the string where the filename is stored gets
deleted at some point.

By the way, VLC doesn't manage to open the vlcrc file either. This is
probably related to the same issue.

--
BigBen