[vlc-devel] Re: Streaming to windows media server

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Jan 5 21:54:24 CET 2006

Richard Bronkhorst wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Is it possible to use a vlc output stream as input for windows media
> services 2003? I could not get it to work, wms says that the source is
> not a compatible encoder. i've checked the http response and it's
> different from the response the windows media encoder gives.
It is a known issue that VLC streamer doesn't work with wme2003.
Currently the only thing we know is that wm2k3 expects another answer on
the last request before streaming begins. The problem is that we
currently don't know what wm2k3 ask and what it expects. AFAIK this is
the only problem to solve to get vlc and wm2k3 to work together.

> Is there a way to easily fix this?
Only if you know the wm2k3 MMS protocol ;-)

What we do know is that vlc and wme2000 work well together.

> thanks!
>
> --richard bronkhorst--
> Noterik bv
> http://www.noterik.nl