[vlc-devel] Make VLC an UPnP Media Server

Christophe Dongieux christophe.dongieux at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:57:46 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm new in this mailing-list, so hello everybody.
I'd like to make VLC an UPnP Media Server according to this :
http://www.upnp.org/standardizeddcps/mediaserver.asp
I already took a look at the source code in the
modules/services_discovery/ directory, and it seems that the
"upnp_intel" module already implements this (I have not tested it
yet).
I'd like to discuss with the people that implemented that to see the
advancement of this module, and maybe this person could answer few
questions ...

In deed, I have another constraint : I need to make it compile under
Windows (yeah, I know ...). I already saw  a patch for win32 here :
http://www.kamiak.com/sdk.html, but it is for the 1.2.1 version; the
latest being the 1.3.1.

So tell me if I am in the right way, and see you soon.

Christophe.
ps: sorry for my bad english !