[vlc-devel] Re: Make VLC an UPnP Media Server

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed May 10 17:17:30 CEST 2006

	Hello,

Le Mercredi 10 Mai 2006 11:57, Christophe Dongieux a écrit :
> I'd like to make VLC an UPnP Media Server according to this :
> http://www.upnp.org/standardizeddcps/mediaserver.asp
> I already took a look at the source code in the
> modules/services_discovery/ directory, and it seems that the
> "upnp_intel" module already implements this (I have not tested it
> yet).

No. upnp_intel use Intel UPnP SDK to discover media servers on the
network. It cannot at the moment make a media server out of the running
VLC.

> In deed, I have another constraint : I need to make it compile under
> Windows (yeah, I know ...). I already saw  a patch for win32 here :
> http://www.kamiak.com/sdk.html, but it is for the 1.2.1 version; the
> latest being the 1.3.1.

We also have the upnp_cc implementation using CyberLink UPnP stack,
which is supposedly portable, but there is a kind of a consensus here
that this is crap and should be removed.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/