[vlc-devel] Re: Bug building trunk on Windows/Cygwin -- QT4 -- uic file

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Nov 13 08:25:22 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:22:54PM -0500, Mark Moriarty wrote :
> I went to extras/contrib/bin.  There is indeed a file called uic there (no
> file extension).  When I opened it in a text editor, I see as the first
> line:
> ELF/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

The contrib is built on Linux, for cross-compilation on Linux with
Mingw23. Hence, UIC is a Linux binary. What sucks though is that it
appears to be a amd64 binary which means the contrib can really only be
used on an amd64 (ought to be an x86).

looking for a job
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/infos/CV-en.pdf