[vlc-devel] Re: Bug building trunk on Windows/Cygwin -- QT4 -- uic file

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Mon Nov 13 10:39:37 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 06 at 09:25 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:22:54PM -0500, Mark Moriarty wrote :
> > I went to extras/contrib/bin.  There is indeed a file called uic there (no
> > file extension).  When I opened it in a text editor, I see as the first
> > line:
> > ELF/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> The contrib is built on Linux, for cross-compilation on Linux with
> Mingw23. Hence, UIC is a Linux binary. What sucks though is that it
> appears to be a amd64 binary which means the contrib can really only be
> used on an amd64 (ought to be an x86).

extras/contrib is built on the build machine. so normally we got the
good binaries.  Except for qt because we don't build it we just extract
a tar.gz of binaries. Which happen to have elf64 binaries.

So the plan is to write a makefile for uic, moc and rcc and build them
from the source.

for the contrib.tar.bz2 on the ftp it's a bit more tricky. but i think
i'll end up having both binaries in and the user can make the
appropriate symlink.

--
Xtophe