[vlc-devel] Re: VoD Support for RTP over RTSP (RTP TCP) and RTSP/RTP in HTTP

Skye Poier Nott skye at F4.ca
Mon Feb 26 20:40:23 CET 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 03:01, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> For relaying my personal choice is DSS, however for actual
> generating of streams I prefer VLC.

Interesting, I just got some servers for testing VOD relay, something
like:

new test vod enabled
setup test input rtsp://origin-ip/test

I haven't checked if that actually works yet.

I hadn't thought of mixing DSS as a relay with a VLC origin (with
live stream or static VOD), but doesn't that restrict the number of
formats you can relay?  Or does DSS just pass through whatever it
gets from VLC?

Skye