[vlc-devel] Re: Can't Build from Source, want to help with image filters/scaling and quality control

Neil Woodall neil at woodall.occoxmail.com
Tue Feb 27 21:06:00 CET 2007

Okay, the spec file for fedora was last updated (at least logged as
such) May 2004 when vlc was at version 0.8.0, so that probably
explains a lot of my problems....I guess.

The altlinux.spec file is current as of sept. 2006 and r16525, but I
don't see any information in it that tells me what options to use
when compiling ffMPEG and some of the other required packages. What
file should I be looking at to get that information?

If I want to use the simulator for the Cell, then I need to be using
Fedora Core 5, at least that is what IBM is supporting for Cell
development...and my understanding is that Fedora Core is the basis
for the YDL release for the PS3.

But I do see that they have gotten the PS3 to run with Debian, so
maybe I need to change tactics and try to get the Cell development
environment running on Debian.

Neil