[vlc-devel] Green areas in the video when using vlc streaming

Herman Schultz herman.schultz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:28:19 CEST 2007

On 7/20/07, Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> Herman Schultz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using VLC streaming (as a boardcaster) to Darwin.
> >
> > But when I use a video client (e.g. quicktime/vlc) to watch that stream
> by
> > hitting Darwin, I see a lot of green rectangles in the video in the
> > beginning. (see attached screen shot).
> >
> > Can you please tell me what is wrong? And how can i fix it?
>
> I suspect this is due to a missing key frame. The decoder just fills in
> the blank in that case. Which of course when missing the first keyframe
> can produce strange effects.

Thanks for your help.  Can you please help me understand which VLC missing
key frame?

Here is my setting:
1. Have a vlc streamg the video to Darwin (server)
2. Have a vlc on client watch that sdp file by hitting Darwin

When you say missing key frame is it because
1. VLC on server misses it when sending out? or
2. VLC on client misses receiving it?

Gtz,