[vlc-devel] Re: SoC Propositions.

Atif Alam faroo28 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:25:49 CET 2007

sounds like a good idea. but often the problem is that the first sound
coming is not always the speech sound or may be its a sound which doesnt
have corresponing subtitle.text....
may be lets the user decide when the start the subtitle and thereafter it
goes with offset......

but there are some free tools which can still synchronize the subs.....

On 3/9/07, Pedro Alonso <pedro.paf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to purpose another project. It would be to synchronize audio
> and subtitles. It would be done detecting the first voice in the
> movie, so considering that the first sentence of the subtitles file
> should be show in that moment, the offset could be get easy. The
> subtitles would be synchronized and the user doesn't need to care
> about it. I'd like to get some feedback and opinions about that
> project.
>
> Thank you,
> Pedro Alonso
>
> On 3/8/07, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2007, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote :
> > > hello,
> >
> > http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2007 is the final page. Please don't
> > destroy it and don't make any commentaries inside it.
> >
> > You should:
> > - correct the language,
> > - correct inaccuracies,
> > - modify RTSP section (jpsaman, thedj and courmisch, please)
> > - tell if we keep the VLM Schedule rework or not (I have no idea) fen,
> please!
> >
> > I'll post the application tonight.
> >
> > If you are a mentor and haven't given me a google account, then it is
> > baaad.
> >
> > Thanks a lot, guys,
> >
> > gtz
> >
> > --