[vlc-devel] Re: problems linking an using mediacontrol API

Juan Manuel Lopez Baio jmbaio at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:02:21 CEST 2007

On 5/18/07, Olivier Aubert <olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:

> You should use
> `vlc-config --libs external`
> to get the correct libs. But anyway, for 0.8.6, it should output the
> same thing as --libs vlc.
>

> The situation is much saner in the svn tree, but the next release is
> still a couple of weeks/months away. However, your best bet would be to
> try with a svn version.

ok, I installed the svn version 0.9.0, corrected the call to
mediacontrol_new adding the argc param, and try to compile with
-lvlc `vlc-config --libs external`
or
-lvlc `vlc-config --cflags external --libs external`
or all its combinations, and I inexorably get
.cpp:33: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_exception_init'
.cpp:34: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_new'
.cpp:35: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_playlist_add_item'
.cpp:40: undefined reference to `mediacontrol_start'

Am I missing something or is it a problem of my own?
thanks!

Olivier