[vlc-devel] SIP for VLC

Carinhas, Alexandre M alexandre.carinhas at pt.verizonbusiness.com
Thu Nov 8 23:25:53 CET 2007

Hi Ross and Rémi,

There are some drafts already on the verge of finishing regarding this hybrid SIP/RTSP solution as you can see in attach. I'm involved in this IPTV European project with lots of people in to help, I spoke with my professor and he is willing to go with the hybrid solution instead of a full SIP solution as I spoke previously but we really have to keep SIP as this is to progress in the future for use in the IMS which only works with SIP. I think it would be very interesting to start a project to prepare Live and VLC for this networks and services.

I don't know if my programming skills are up to the task, but I do have some time to do this and if you could help us it would be great and I would be glad in the end to share my work with you and the community.

Do you think you could help take this first steps and support us during the progress of the project?

Also is there anyone else who would be willing to support or give me some tips on how to progress with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Alexandre