[vlc-devel] Patches to add support for speex codec in RTP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Sep 7 16:17:51 CEST 2007

	Hello,

Le vendredi 7 septembre 2007 16:26, Hawkins, William - AES a écrit :
> I would like to submit these patches that will add support to VideoLAN for
> sending/receiving a Speex encoded audio stream via RTP. The patches make
> changes to the following files:

Thanks. Now we might have an unencumbered streamable audio codec!

The RTP packetization part seems to use audio sample frequency for the RTP
clock, but then it declares an hard-coded clock frequency of 8000 for the
payload type mapping. I suppose Speex onle supports 8000Hz, but it does not
look very consistent.

Otherwise, you should probably not put "\n" at the end of debug messages.

Regards,

http://www.remlab.net/