[vlc-devel] Patches to add support for speex codec in RTP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Sep 13 17:50:17 CEST 2007

	Hello,

Le Wednesday 12 September 2007 23:10:56 Hawkins, William - AES, vous avez
écrit :
> I took the community response and modified my patches. I no longer use
> i_extra =(=) -1 as a means to signal the codec that RTP is in use.

You should have fixed the comment accordingly.

> Also, the hard-coded value of 8000 is no longer present. These patches only
> affect src/audio_output/dec.c,

Not skilled to comment on this one.

> modules/codec/speex.c,

Maybe a bit too verbose debug for real life use?

> modules/demux/live555.cpp

Ok by me.

> and modules/stream_out/rtp.c.

It is still possible to detect Speex frames boundaries at that point? If it
is, you obey by the maximum packet size (id->i_mtu - 12). If not, I don't
really know.

A meta issue concern your estimation of the risk that draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex
evolves in a non-compatible manner?

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net/