[vlc-devel] VLC Phonon Backend: some news

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Apr 2 17:05:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 06:57:38AM +0200, Tanguy Krotoff wrote :
> So besides some bugs, I managed to get VLC Phonon backend to work.
> It uses VLC 0.9 (development version) and its API libvlc.
This is great news.

> Source code is available here:
> http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smplayer/experimental/
> It works only for me for the moment, don't try to compile it ;)
;)
You have done way more than I did on that project, and I didn't had time
(Summer of Code...) to give you my broken code... :'(

> Here some screenshots:
> VideoPlayer under Windows:
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=videoplayerphononvlcwinfp9.png
> (black video since MSPaint can't show it)
Deactivate overlay if you want it.

Amarok for Windows guys are going to appreciate it a lot.

Just a random question, do you want it on its special project, or do you
want it in the projects/ in vlc Git source code, like mozilla, ActiveX
and MacOSX who are also wrappers around libvlc ?
It might be easier then for maintainers and packagers, and to keep it up
to date with libvlc, but this shouldn't be any obligation.

Do you plan to need work on that this summer, and do you plan to need
help, because we have some students interested in the project.

Thanks for the work, I'll test it soon.

DidjCodt, when do you port this to Qtopia/WinCE ? :D

jb