[vlc-devel] Resignation as co-release manager

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:16:02 CEST 2008

Am 09.08.2008 um 11:46 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:

> With this said, given that everybody disagrees with me, I have to
> give up on
> 0.9.0 release management.

Well, in fact, I agree with you and I think most of us are concerning
your sentences on time-based releases. That's what most of us want and
is the best way to go for a volunteer project IMO.

However, win32 was not tested with test3, but there was a certain
amount of commits for this specific platform, which is why I proposed
a final release candidate before announcing 0.9.0 officially.
Personally, I don't care at all about this. I never use win32 and I
probably never will. However, from the user's POV, such a test
probably makes sense, even if there are no win32-only developers among
us.
Let's say if nothing gets fixed in the few days after RC, we'll just
release it like that. You are right about the unmaintained parts in VLC.

> N.B.: It was great wasting so much of my time for this non-release
> over the
> last two months, thank you guys.

Nah, it wasn't. VLC greatly stabilised over the last eight weeks.
Finally, 0.9.0 is in an almost releasable state and a great base for
further development. Your commits greatly contributed (among others)
to this success and you know that. If you don't want to see this step
forward, I'm sorry for you.

Best,
Felix