[vlc-devel] commit: Revert "Turn on -Werror for libvlccore and libvlc." ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:48:47 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:
> Ok. Do you agree then to turn -Werror when building when --enable-debug?

I always build with --enable-debug as I use gdb quite extensively, but
with my SoC project is hard enough not to give me any extra-time to
fix warnings.

> The idea is to get enough of us to build with -Werror, without trying
> to afraid new comers.

An advice on the developers wiki should be enough IMVHO.

> An other idea is to --enable-werror on buildbot.

Won't this bring problems on platforms that aren't used by the
majority of developers ?

--
Mirsal Ennaime