[vlc-devel] Speex audio in .flv container

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 20:07:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:27:23 -0500, Steven Woolley wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:39:49 -0500, Steven Woolley wrote:
>is most likely out of date... I've sent and email to adobe to get
>updated spec's etc.

good idea.

>> you can take a look at ffmpeg/libavformat/flvdec.c and add the
>> codec_id_speex to the list of 'supported audio codecs'.
>
>I've done that already actually, but I don't really understand what
>I'm doing... (I can get it to stop complaining about the "unsupported
>format" but I still need to be able to export it in some sort of
>container (.ogg I believe is what speex normally goes in) but that is
>beyond me...

i think ffmpeg can only do vorbis in ogg output.
you could try ffmpeg -i input.flv output.wav
assuming your ffmpeg is built with speex.

try it with the speex sample, to see if it works at all.
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/speex/talk109-q5.spx

>have to use mencoder which I couldn't find for os x...
>Where does codecs.conf reside?  This looks promising

codecs.conf isnt installed anymore, you can grab it from:
http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/etc/codecs.conf?revision=27473
and put it in ~/.mplayer/

-compn