[vlc-devel] Request for removal of commit rights

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Jul 10 21:31:08 CEST 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 7:25 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I have never intended Jean-Paul to be kicked out of the project - I
> just want
> his commits be reviewed before they go in. I don't mind going
> through the
> same process myself, such is the power of distributed version control
> systems.

We could try distributed. But we need a much more precise plan.

- how not to double the work?
- we still need an official tree. Who would maintain it?
- how do you validate a commit?

My proposition would be:
- Everyone has a tree. We pull from each other. We decide when/what to
push to the official vlc.git. An official tree *might* emerge.

This is much more complicated IMO, and I have no idea if this would
work as seemlessly as it does today. But the idea seems nice as it is
WYPIWYG (What You Pull Is What You Get) :)

Pierre.