[vlc-devel] Problem when Streaming with VLC 0.9 over DCCP (in linux)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Mar 13 00:44:36 CET 2008

	Hello again,

Le Thursday 13 March 2008 01:35:19 Bogdan Cornea, vous avez écrit :
> As you mentioned in your reply, we have compiled the unstable VLC 0.9
> release from 12 March 2008 and there was no difference from the unstable
> VLC 0.9 release from 2nd March 2008. They both have DCCP support, but, we
> were unable to run the player with the Stream/Save option. We tried
> combinations of protocols, with localplayback, with different muxers, video
> codecs, audio codecs, all being done from the GUI. Whatever option we
> choose, the program freezes.

Don't use the UI. The WxWidgets UI is basically unmaintained. The Qt4 is yet
so unstable that it is completely unusable. That situation bothers me deeply.
But this is an as-yet unreleased development version afterall.

In any case, there are no ways to access DCCP through the UI, save from
specifying parameters by hand - you're better using the command line at this
point.