[vlc-devel] JVLC Error...

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Sun Mar 23 11:06:29 CET 2008

Il giorno sab, 22/03/2008 alle 14.17 -0700, Tony Anecito ha scritto:
> Hi JVLC Team,
>
> I tried the lastest windows dll's with an old jvlc dll
> and found an interesting failure condition that you
> might want to add to your test suite. The jre crashes
> with the latest windows dlls when you try say an
> invalid url like for a movie trailer that no longer
> exists then stop the item in the playlist then go to a
> known good url. This does not occur for older dlls.
>
> So the sequence for the test:
>
> 1. Add to playlist invalid url
> 2. Play it and notice errors in debug mode about
> connecting.
> 3. Stop trying to play movie & clear playlist
> 4. Select a known good url and add it to playlist
> 5. Try playing movie and jre might crash
>

> Hope this helps. Probably just need to make sure
> exception is thrown for GUI to detect so it can do the
> appropiate actions. Could also be a problem with the
> vlc dlls but maybe you can verify.

Hi Tony,
 thanks for reporting this use case. I'll try to reproduce it with a
unit test, but when using the old java bindings (the ones before the
transition to JNA) I recommend to stick to an old version of the windows
libvlc dll. This because alot happend to libvlc in the while and the
jvlc dll were built on top of the old libvlc.

Furthermore, the more I test libvlc-control the more problems I find, so
if you have a working app on the libvlc, do not upgrade.

Cheers,
Filippo