[vlc-devel] Sending synced text to the Qt4 interface

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Nov 3 15:31:46 CET 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:21:55 +0100, "ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com"
<ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Didn't realize it was racy :/ Still, I was not aware that the vout was
> created by my decoder. I certainly don't recall doing this code
> (especially the one that opens a visualization window where lyrics get
> displayed).

If you don't create a vout, the vlc_object_find(p_dec, FIND_***CHILD***)
will always return NULL. Whether you do create a vout, and why/how, don't
ask me. In fact, that's the whole point: No one should never call
vlc_object_find() as you never know what unusual objects tree layout you
may be part of. It all depends what your "parents" and "children" are doing
behind your back.