[vlc-devel] commit: Win32 Vout: Try to fix the display of the MI on exit of movie in FS mode. ( Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Wed Oct 1 14:04:38 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM, xxcv <xxcv07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually don't get me started. :)
> Well, I use my time, energy, resources which in turns to best help you,
> which from your
> comments I can see that you do not appreciate it.
> By building, testing and debugging which code you wrote, with fault, I'm
> reporting back

We are glad that you test VLC code.

What was pointed here is that your bug report are not complete enough.
The worst bug report one can have is "it doesn't work". Yours are not
that bad, because you are able to pin point a faulty commit.

However you should probably explain what is occurring *precisely*. For
instance, you need to send a backtrace or something helpful if this is
a crash.

We are not using the same OS as you do, so it's likely that the win32
specific bugs can't be reproduced here most of the time.

Remember that we are all working on VLC on our free time, as you do.
That's why I think you should understand that we expect the same
politeness that you would expect from your work.

Also, as a tester, it's not really your job to say that a patch needs
to be reverted. Or you'll have to *technical* details what is wrong.
We are looping :)

Pierre.