[vlc-devel] Preliminary Mac builds

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon Sep 1 17:41:44 CEST 2008

Le lundi 1 septembre 2008 16:39:09 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> I do support this. We should tag 0.9.2 only when we are _ready_. We
> already spent 2 version numbers on releases which will never appear to
> the broad public due to timing instead of bugfixing.

By the way, I don't understand where the problem is? So the broad public does
not see every releases, so what? This has happened in the past and probably
will continue to happen: 0.9.0, 0.8.6g, the old-0.9.0-from-0.8.5, 0.8.5-1,
0.8.3, 0.8.1337, and who knows about older versions.

I can see a problem with making a bad release too public, although this cannot
always be avoided. But I do not really see a problem the other way around.

As for 0.9.2... In a ideal world we would release everything at the same time
anytime we wanted. maybe we need to admit that we cannot release handle every
platform as well/fast. What's wrong with having 0.9 from 0.9.1 on Linux, from
0.9.2 on OSX and from 0.9.whatever on Windows, and from 0.9.666 on BeOS?

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary