[vlc-devel] commit: Do not ignore teletext initial page (close #1997). (Laurent Aimar )

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Sun Sep 7 22:44:17 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 02:47:45PM +0200, Laurent Aimar wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> >
> > I'll take another look at this.
> > We are dealing with this slightly incorrect actually. It's one stream
> > that signals different start pages for different "usages". These
> > usages should cause us to create "extra" tracks that have different
> > "initial" pages for browsing the Teletext stream.
> I am not sure to understand you.
>
> What is currently done:
> Create a ES per page we find interesting that is:
>  - the initial teletext page (the menu)
>  - subtitle tracks
>
> Before, the initial teletext page was ignored. If there was no subtitle
> VLC did not create any teletext ES, so you could not enable teletext decoder.

I'm afraid there is (was before you latest commits?) some other problem
- e.g. VLC 0.8.6 happily detected teletext subtitles on various TV channels,
while 0.9.2 believes there are no subtitles at all.

Moreover, the Win32 version seems to lack the support even for subtitles,
the log says:

main error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `telx'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

       With kind regards,

                M.

----   Marian Ďurkovič                       network  manager         ----
----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 571 041 81   ----