[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: store input_item_t* in plitem and handle metadata in model ( Ilkka Ollakka )

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:59:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Ilkka Ollakka
<ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi<ilkka.ollakka%2Bvlc at oamk.fi>
> wrote:

> Actually it counted that playlist_item_t pointer was valid in earlier
> constructor too,

Oh, that's right.

One other thing:
I suppose the PLItem( int, int, bool, PLItem *parent , PLModel * )
constructor should be removed from playlist_item.hpp as it does not have
it's definition now.

Nice work. By the way I'm working currently also on trying to remove PLItem
completely. However, I found out there is two prerequisites from the core to
do before:
- adding lock and refcounting to playlist items as well (playlist lock is
not good enough for that, because we will need to store playlist item *
right inside the QModelIndex which is handed out to views, where we have no
control on it's usage)
- for the sake of Qt4 model/view architecture we should have a callback like
"playlist-item-about-to-be-deleted", because we have to notify views in
advance.

Just so to mention the tasks I see coming, if somebody wants to take on
it...

Cheers,
Jakob