[vlc-devel] Can anyone tell me why this patch was done?

Niles Bindel zaggal69 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:44:21 CEST 2009

> I am wondering if this kind of feature is relevant in the video plugin.
Could this be simplified by implementing this kind of feature in >
javascript?

Yes, this can be implemented in javascript which is what I did initially.
However, this frequently resulted in sound distortions (echoing) in the
subsequent playlist item.  Also, when in fullscreen mode, the transition
between the two items was not seemless as it would display the browser
window briefly in between items.  Converting everything over to using the
original internal playlist resolved all of these issues for me.

Are you sure that test waits until playback reaches the end of a file? The
deadlock I encountered only happened upon reaching the end of a file.  I
looked at the test code and I'm not sure its testing for that.  Though I'm
not familiar with the length of the media file being played.

Regardless, I'm going to try a new build to see if the problems have been
resolved when using the plugin.  Will post results soon.