[vlc-devel] commit: configure: Treat unused param or value as error when building with --enable-debug. ( Pierre d'Herbemont )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:45:48 CEST 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Rafaël Carré wrote:

>> I usually test before pushing. Build bot are OK.
>>
>> The autotools needs to fix their tests.
>
> A warning is a warning is a warning, and you can decide to ignore them

This is something we all agree on.

> because human can often do better checking than gcc.

This is something not always particularly true :)

> There is no point on forbiding autoconf C code to generate warnings.

AFAIK, our test are failing, not theirs. I'll try to fix it
differently. You are welcome to help, instead of wining.

> While I can understand the point of lowering the number of warnings,
> currently present in vlc,

Great.

> I suggested yesterday on IRC another method:

And as I've said on IRC the method you are proposing are unrealistic
or not enough.

Pierre.