[vlc-devel] Help needed

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Dec 7 22:42:02 CET 2009

Le lundi 7 décembre 2009 16:58:04 Vincenzo Giarratana, vous avez écrit :
> I'm developing a windows based media application. I want to use VLC in my
> media application, but I am not sure what is the best approach, for example
> to get and modify VLC source code or to use command line interface and use
> modules chained. Let me explain the functionalities I am going to develop.
> I want to build an RTSP receiver that is able to receive a stream. Then
>  this receiver pass the stream to a demux that will demultiplex and
>  simultaneously will decrypt  the stream. Then the elementary streams
>  (audio and video streams) will be decoded and displayed.

With RTSP, audio and video elementary streams are normally _not_ multiplexed
in the first place... Each elementary stream is an independent RTP session,
and a separate RTSP track. Do you intend to multiplex to MPEG-TS over RTP and
receive every elementary stream on the same RTSP track?

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis